DOWNLOAD OUR GUIDE
The UK remains a key location for companies with international aspirations, with many compelling reasons for establishing a commercial base here.
To take advantage of what the UK has to offer you will need to understand the commercial environment in which you will operate. Our guide gives you an overview of UK corporate and commercial law to help your decision-making.
You don't need to complete the form to start your FREE download, but it would be helpful if you can give us the information requested.
Shoosmiths acts for a wide range of clients from start-ups to global organisations. We have helped many international businesses set up and grow in the UK and then expand into Europe.
Similarly, we have helped provide many UK businesses with legal services across most jurisdictions in the world.
We do this through our unique network of personal relationships with professional services firms around the world to ensure our clients get the best and most appropriate advice from people who know the local culture, are specialists in their field, treat clients the same way that we do and are able to communicate at all levels in whatever language is suitable.
We can locate the right legal experts for you, manage the project if you wish and ensure that the work is carried out efficiently and within your budget.
Our network is complimented by our longstanding membership of the World Services Group (WSG), a multi-disciplinary professional services organisation, which brings together leading advisers in over 145 countries.
We are involved in European wide practice groups formed with lawyers from our WSG firms covering Banking, Corporate, Data Protection/Privacy, Employment, Family, Intellectual Property, Litigation, M&A, Private Equity, Private Client, Real Estate, Tax and Technology. These groups have a wealth of knowledge of European issues affecting these legal areas and frequently work together on Pan-European projects. The Brexit vote will make these practice groups even more valuable as UK law begins to diverge from European law.
We have numerous examples of our cross-border work some of which are listed below:
- Instructing 54 law firms around the world to assist in carrying out IP due diligence on the proposed acquisition of a global food company for US$2bn.
- Advising a South African business on its £256m acquisition of an UK retailer with stores in the UK, Ireland and Germany.
- Project managing a European data protection audit across 28 countries for an US company.
- Assisting a US business in expanding into Europe and providing advice on the regulatory framework in each of its shortlisted European countries.
- Advising a Swedish business on its cross border litigation in the UK, Germany and the US.
Click here to view our video about overseas companies starting a business in the UK.