Tips for applying
Careers fairs and employer events are essential for you to attend to get all of your questions answered, if you haven't had your chance to meet us yet, here are some helpful hints and tips to get you started on the perfect application to be a Trainee Solicitor.
- Shoosmiths are looking for innovative, commercially aware trainee solicitors who share in our values. The best applications are those that are unique and prove you have a real interest in being part of the Shoosmiths culture. What makes you stand out? Where do you want to be when you qualify? Give genuine answers based on thorough research.
- The most common application mistakes are spelling, grammar and clarity. Make sure you answer the question, both clearly and concisely. Check your application with a second pair of eyes before submitting - communication is a key skill for being a solicitor.
- It is useful to meet us at any events we attend, come prepared and ask us questions. Candidates that make a good impression at events will be remembered when going through the written application process. Use the information you gain from attendance at events to support your application.
- Be clear about your grades; ensure they correspond with your award certificates.
- Whilst strong academics are a given, we value candidates with ongoing work experience in any sector. Commercial skills gained through dealing with customers, clients and working under pressure are all transferable to a legal environment.
- If you have mitigating circumstances ensure you indicate this clearly on our online application form and carefully follow our instructions.
- If you are lucky enough to gain a place on our Summer Vacation Placement, ensure you make a good impression - this could fast track you to securing a Training Contract.
- Any questions? Check out our extensive FAQ page but if there's anything else feel free to ask the Shoosmiths Graduate Recruitment team on email@example.com.