If you are studying a law degree, the earliest you can apply for a English Training Contract is in your penultimate year. For non-law students, you can apply from your final year. If you are applying for a Scottish Traineeship, the earliest you can apply is in your penultimate year of a law degree, or 1st year of the accelerated LLB.
We also accept applications from graduates, applicants studying the GDL / LPC / Scottish Accelerated LLB / Diploma in Legal Practice and career changers.
We are looking for more than consistently good academics, we value other experiences very highly too. This could include work experience, a part or full-time job, commerciality, travel, music, sport or culture.
Law requires a high level of intellect, but we look for candidates with strengths in other areas too, which is why our minimum academic criteria is CCC at 'A' level and a degree in any subject (or equivalents). Think about how you'll show evidence of the strengths you have in other areas on your application form.
Placement application process
- Submit your application before 28th February
- Notified during April if you have been successful
- Log on to our online system to accept your place
- Your Placement will be arranged in your office of choice
Training contract application process
- Submit your application before 30th June
- Notified during July if you are being progressed to the next stage
- Attend an Assessment Day between 25th - 28th July in our Birmingham office
- Notified shortly after whether you have been successful in securing a Training Contract
- We do not carry out any psychometric, verbal or numerical reasoning tests at application or assessment stage.
We do not carry out any psychometric, verbal or numerical reasoning tests at application or assessment stage.
That might make a start at answering your question, but if you have any more have a look at our FAQ page, tweet our trainees directly at http://www.twitter.com/shoosmithsgrads or email us at email@example.com