"[Shoosmiths] know the type of companies we would like to be investing in and make a real effort to look for connections and introductions for us. Not a lot of law firms do this and it is this commercial thinking that I really like."
Investment Director of Palatine Private Equity
Shoosmiths is widely recognised for its expertise in advising on private equity deals.
We act for a number of leading private equity houses and venture capital investors, as well as advising on equity and debt restructuring, early stage and secondary funding and acting for management teams.
Our impressive track record includes advising on establishing funds, making investments, developing portfolio companies including 'buy and build' structures, restructuring and exit strategies.
Recent experience includes advising:
- LDC, on the sale of Property Software Group to Zoopla for £75m, the £105m MBO of ByBox and LDC's £16m investment into national hair salon Rush.
- The management team of global tech specialists Phlexglobal on its significant investment by Vitruvian Partners and the exit of majority investor Bridgepoint Development Capital.
- Newco backed by Ardian Capital in its acquisition of Dynamic Technologies S.p.A.
- Rothschild (Five Arrows Principal Investments) on its £75m investment in White Clarke Group, a global leader in asset finance.
- August Equity on the sale of Compass Community to Graphite Capital and its sale of Active Assistance to Montreux Capital Management.
- On the management buyout of Xtrac, a leading designer and manufacturer of high performance gearboxes, to Inflexion.
- MML on its investment into the Property Investment Exchange, a leading provider of technology services to the conveyancing industry, and its subsequent merger with PSG Connect.
- Foundation Investment Partners on its buy and build strategy for investee company Pro-Vets, involving 9 bolt-on acquisitions followed by the subsequent £50m+ sale of the Group.
- The selling shareholders of the Kisimul Group on the £200m+ sale to Antin Infrastructure Partners.
Download: Private equity 'At A Glance'.