- T: 0207 205 7028
- I: +44 (0)207 205 7028
- M: +44 (0) 7850 637 196
Adam is a finance lawyer specialising in real estate finance, with particular expertise in development finance and hotel finance.
He acts for both lenders (clearing banks, private wealth banks, debt funds and other alternative funding providers) and borrowers (investors, developers, funds, corporates, student accommodation providers and hotel groups) in relation to bilateral and syndicated, senior and mezzanine, secured and unsecured, domestic and international debt that is structured to be provided to limited partnerships, unit trusts, joint ventures and on- and off- shore companies, including those administered by fiduciaries such as trustees and custodians.
Adam also has experience of fund finance, borrowing base finance, asset finance, corporate lending and restructuring.
Examples of Adam's transactions include acting for:
- a family office in relation to its £25m residential development facility from an international bank for a London asset that will have a gross development value of £60m.
- a private equity fund on all aspects, including £50m of third party debt funding, of its major re-development of a landmark hotel, which will be operated under third party management and franchise agreements.
- a joint venture developer on its debt financing for one of the first mixed use, public land initiative schemes in the UK, creating 650 new residential units, a leisure centre, doctor's surgery and retail space with a gross development value of £240m.
- a national, student accommodation developer on its acquisition and development finance requirements.
- an international bank on its £40m facility to a British Virgin Islands company for the refinancing of a London hotel group.
- an international bank on its £52m facility to a Bahamas investment vehicle for the refinancing of a London private hospital.
Prior to joining Shoosmiths's London office, Adam's private practice experience was gained in London at RPC, Macfarlanes and Addleshaw Goddard. He has also spent time working in the Frankfurt, Munich and Berlin offices of a German law firm and at a UK financial institution. Adam co-authored the BVCA Guide to Real Estate Funds.
LLB in English and German Laws 2:1 ( University of Liverpool and Universität Würzburg )