- T: 0370 086 8434
- I: +44 (0)1908 48 8434
- M: 07793 859933
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Alex is an employment law specialist, providing advice on contentious and non-contentious issues to a diverse range of public and private sector clients, including large retail businesses, higher education authorities, technical and specialist goods and services providers and individuals.
Work handled by Alex includes:
- advising clients in relation to enforcing post-termination restrictions. Alex recently assisted a commercial client in pursuing a claim against a former employee for breach of restrictive covenants to interim hearing, achieving a successful result;
- drafting / advising on contracts of employment, executive service agreements, consultancy agreements and internal policies for a range of public and private organisations;
- delivering client-specific training sessions. Alex recently delivered training on how to manage issues arising from increasing use of social media by employees, both in and outside the course of their employment;
- defending employment tribunal proceedings on behalf a range of clients, including unfair dismissal and discrimination claims;
- negotiating settlement of disputes. Alex takes a commercial approach to workplace disputes and has a good track record of securing favourable settlement terms for clients (both employers and employees) with an appetite to resolve matters without recourse to lengthy litigation;
- advising on the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006.
Alex completed her training contract at Shoosmiths LLP, including training in the Commercial, Commercial Litigation, and Regulatory teams before qualifying as a solicitor in the employment law team in 2012.
Legal Practice Course (Distinction) ( Leicester De Montfort University )
Bachelor of Laws (First Class) ( University of Northampton )