- T: 03700 868123
- I: +44 (0)131 270 8123
- M: +44 (0)7725639765
Alison is a Corporate Partner and leads the Corporate team in Edinburgh. She has extensive experience advising on a wide range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, MBIs, disposals and joint ventures. She also has significant experience advising on shareholder arrangements, group reorganisations and corporate governance matters.
Alison acts for clients across a wide range of sectors and has developed particular expertise working with businesses in the healthcare, technology, manufacturing, financial services and media sectors.
Her recent transactional experience includes advising:
- a national commercial vehicle hire business on various share and business acquisitions;
- Aprirose Real Estate Investment on corporate joint venture and shareholder arrangements;
- a London based property development client on various corporate joint ventures and acquisitions;
- the sellers on the £40m sale of digital marketing business Realise to St Ives plc;
- the shareholders of a UK based technology company on a sale to a US publicly listed corporation;
- the shareholders of a leading UK expense claim management provider on a sale to a NASDAQ listed corporation;
- a brand management company on various new ventures; and
- various healthcare businesses on acquisitions, disposals and group restructurings, including the sale of Scotland’s largest independent pharmaceutical business.
Alison was awarded the "Rising Star of the Year" award at the Scottish Legal Awards in 2009. She joined Shoosmiths in November 2013.