- T: 03700864290
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4290
- M: 07889 306071
"Commentators respect him as a lawyer who "knows his IP and looks after his clients""
Andrew advises companies on all aspects of the innovation, product and brand lifecycle by helping them preserve, protect, enforce and make more money from their intellectual assets and technologies.
His clients range from creative and technology start-ups through to global multinationals and leading research intensive universities. He has a particular focus working for businesses in the advanced manufacturing and technology sector and consumer brand owners.
Andrew has litigated the full spectrum of IP rights across a diverse range of technologies and regularly works as part of an international team of lawyers on cross border litigation.
He also assists companies and academic institutions with commercial agreements concerning the funding, development and commercialisation of intellectual property and technology.
Andrew regularly advises on information technology, digital media, social media and advertising law issues.
Recent experience includes:
- part of international team of lawyers helping one of world’s leading vodka manufacturers enforce and protect a key trade mark
- part of international team of lawyers advising global machine tool manufacturer in relation to patent licence and infringement issues
- advising numerous well know cycle brands in relation to brand protection, enforcement and licensing matters
- advising a number of leading research intensive universities in relation to the UK and EU funding, industry sponsored research and commercialisation of technology through sale, franchising, spin-outs, collaboration and joint ventures
- advising spin out from Imperial College London in respect of multi-million pound contract for the provision of online vocational training courses
Andrew trained and qualified with global firm DLA Piper where he worked for almost 9 years. He joined SGH Martineau in 2012 where he made partner. He joined Shoosmiths as a partner in June 2015.