- T: 03700864038
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4038
- M: 07557 160933
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Ben is corporate partner with over 12 years experience of corporate transactional and advisory work including mergers and acquisitions (both domestic and cross-border), MBOs, MBIs, group reorganisations, joint ventures, investments, and corporate governance issues.
His clients include multi-national corporations, large privately owned companies and high growth businesses and entrepreneurs. Ben acts for clients across a wide range of sectors, although in recent years he has developed particular expertise working with clients in the financial services; technology; manufacturing; and media sectors. Much of his work has a strong cross-border element to it.
Recent experience includes advising:
- FIS, a leading freight brokerage business in connection with a number of strategic investments and acquisitions in the UK, Asia and the US;
- Titgemeyer, a German manufacturing and distribution business, on its acquisition of a UK based manufacturing business;
- a Jersey based Trustco on its equity investment in a UK based higher education provider;
- a regulated Singaporean futures market on a strategic review of its M&A options;
- a UK based provider of IT solutions to the UK retail general insurance sector on the acquisition of a niche UK software development business;
- a European financial services company on the disposal of its UK asset management business.
Ben joined Shoosmiths in April 2013, having previously been a Partner at boutique corporate practice Hill Hofstetter (formerly part of Reed Smith). He is praised by clients as someone who "gets things done" and who builds ''strong relationships with clients".
BA (hons) in History 2:1 ( Reading University )
CPE ( College of Law, Guildford )
LPC ( College of Law, Guildford )