- T: 03700 865675
- I: +44 (0)161 954 5675
- M: 07500060085
"We're really pleased with the level of service and support we receive on a regular basis from the corporate team in Manchester. In particular, Benjamin Dredge has recently advised us on six acquisitions all running in parallel. He project managed all the deals extremely well and was commercial when handling some tricky negotiations with the vendors' lawyers on our behalf. Above all, we appreciate Ben's responsiveness and helpfulness. We know we can always rely on Ben and we at Chase Templeton genuinely consider him to be part of our acquisitions team."
Jeff Tate, M&A Director, Chase Templeton
Benjamin is a highly skilled technical corporate lawyer working as part of the corporate team at Shoosmiths (Manchester) on a high volume of excellent quality corporate transactions. He advises private companies, investors, owner-managed businesses and management teams on acquisitions and disposals, restructuring and re-organisations, joint ventures, shareholders' agreements, investments and private equity. Benjamin is particularly experienced in drafting highly complex and bespoke shareholder agreements, share structures and re-organisations.
Benjamin completed the LPC at the Lancashire Law School and trained at Napthens LLP in Lancashire, qualifying into their corporate department in 2009. Benjamin joined Shoosmiths in May 2014, was swiftly promoted to Associate and was shortlisted as a finalist for Young Lawyer of the Year at the North West Young Professionals Awards 2017.
Recently, Benjamin has worked closely with Chase Templeton Group on their acquisition trail, has led several significant and complex real estate SPV acquisitions and is developing a growing client basis of start-up businesses and SMEs. He has strong sector specific knowledge and understanding of creative, digital and media businesses.
Transaction experience includes:
- advising, managing and executing on behalf of the sellers, the sale to wealth manager Arlington Investors of Athena Hall (Jersey) Limited, a Jersey registered company holding a large scale student property joint venture business at the University of Suffolk in Ipswich. The joint venture was between Watkin Jones plc (AIM:WJG), a leading UK developer and constructor of multi occupancy property assets and Apache Capital Partners, a private real estate investment management firm;
- acting for Daresbury-based research and development specialists, Arcis Biotechnology in various rounds of investment including its most recent £2.5m oversubscribed fundraise, supported by existing shareholders and new investors;
- North West Dealmakers Awards Deal of the Year: Concept Life Sciences (Deloitte/Shoosmiths) advising Scientific Analysis Laboratories (SAL) and Resource and Environmental Consultants (REC) shareholders on their sale to new Manchester-based scientific laboratory and consultancy business Concept Life Sciences in a deal worth $100m;
- advising Consilia Investments on its co-investment with members of the target’s management, into a newco and the company’s subsequent acquisition of Allied Textiles from Chamonix Private Equity;
- advised the shareholders of biomass boiler owner/operator Gaia Heat Limited on the sale of the company to major infrastructure investor Equitix; and
- advising, managing and executing 30+ acquisitions for Chase Templeton (including high profile acquisition targets such as Atlas Consulting Group, Avanti Healthcare and Consilium Employee Benefits) the Lancashire based private medical insurance broker is backed by Palatine Private Equity and has been on an aggressive buy and build strategy.
Law LLB (Hons) ( University of Central Lancashire )
Legal Practice Course ( Lancashire Law School )