- T: 03700 864168
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4168
- M: 07990540153
Brian is a real estate specialist, with a wealth of expertise in commercial and mixed use property development, investment, funding and leasing. Brian is recognised in the Legal 500 as an investment specialist who is ‘very strong on technical detail’.
Brian's experience includes:
• Advising Lone Star on the acquisition of a £1bn property portfolio, including the Mercure and Shearings hotel chains.
• Leading real estate adviser for South African fund Atlantic Leaf - transactions completed include a £100m portfolio acquisition and a £85m re-financing.
• Acting for Mitchells & Butlers on their acquisition of new restaurants, including development agreements conditional on achieving planning permission, a premises licence and construction of the premises.
• Providing real estate advice to major financial institutions for hotel development finance projects and investment funding.
• Letting and investment sale on behalf of a sustainable fund of an award-winning office development in Birmingham city centre.
• Advising an airport on the development of a hotel and in relation to the profit-sharing arrangements in an adjoining car park.
• Advising RBS on the management buy out of its property development business (built value of assets: £500m).
• Lead adviser for Peel Holdings on major lettings and developments of their existing schemes. Brian recently completed the disposal of a £10m mixed use property in London for Peel.
• Advising on all aspects of asset management for the £1bn Hammerson Retail Parks portfolio.
• Acting for the Bristol Alliance on pre-letting their £550m regeneration of Bristol City Centre.
• Proving real estate advice to a national housebuilder in the construction and forward sale of a supermarket.
• Acting for a joint venture between Grosvenor and RBS in the letting and subsequent sale for £120m of 41 Lothbury, London.
Brian previously worked at Eversheds in the Birmingham and Paris offices and has expertise in international real estate matters. He speaks French to business level.