- T: 0370 086 4158
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4158
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Bukola specialises in housing management litigation. Her experience largely comes from acting for local authorities, housing associations and private sector landlords. She has also acted for tenants, so is well equipped with the knowledge and expertise used to challenge defences raised by tenants under domestic law and European legislation.
Bukola advises registered providers and private landlords on all aspects of housing management, including possession proceedings and forfeiture for breach of tenancy. Her experience also extends to judicial review proceedings and disrepair actions.
- representing the police, local authorities and housing associations in anti-social behaviour order applications in the magistrates' court. This includes exclusion zones and publication orders;
- county court and Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (LVT) applications for forfeiture under shared ownership schemes. This includes service charge recovery and other breaches of lease such as renovation of residential dwellings without the prior consent of the landlord;
- Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977 cases involving eviction and disposal tenants goods;
- professional squatters, unlawful occupiers and vacant possession;
- combining injunction and expedited possession proceedings to abridge the county courts' prescribed time frames under CPR 55.
Bukola joined Shoosmiths on 1 July 2013 from Wragge & Co, where she was head of housing management litigation. She also worked in-house for the Royal Borough of Greenwich.