- T: 0370 086 8323
- I: +44 (0)1908 48 8323
- M: 07855 967 279
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
"Market commentators highlight Charlotte Dunn as being "responsive and approachable, very focused and client driven." She offers asset management and estate planning advice to high net worth individuals, as well as Court of Protection and LPA advice.
Charlotte is a partner and head of our Wealth Protection team, based in our Milton Keynes office. Her typical clients are high net worth individuals. She was included on the prestigious Lawyer Hot 100 list for 2010 and is ranked as a notable practitioner in the 2016 Chambers Guide. She is the current Under Sheriff of Buckinghamshire.
Charlotte joined Shoosmiths in February 2009 as a partner in the Wealth Protection team.
Whether they are in the entertainment or publishing industry, on the Who's Who list, high value employees, business owners or those who have "sold up" and retired, Charlotte works to ensure her clients have tax efficient succession planning in place. Used to taking a multi-disciplinary approach, she deals either directly with her clients, or with the client's accountant and / or financial advisor. She advises on and drafts wills, powers of attorney and trusts, as well as advising on and dealing with probates and trust administration. Charlotte also acts as a trustee, executor and attorney where appropriate.
Charlotte is also a panel deputy for Court of Protection matters and has experience in managing the affairs of clients as diverse as children with birth injuries, acquired head injury and elderly clients with dementia.
Recent work highlights are:
- Advising on and preparing a charitable trust to hold a work of national importance.
- Advising on and preparing loan agreements for parts of a client’s art collection to be held by national bodies for the nation to view.
- Advising on a multi million pound asset in lieu claim for inheritance tax purposes under the heritage asset legislation.
- Acting jointly with the clients’ accountant on the sale of their family business to ensure that some of the value in the business passed to their children in the most inheritance tax efficient way whilst offering asset protection measures.
- Acting for clients in part of a multi-disciplinary team to help reduce the value of their estate for inheritance tax purposes whilst providing for the payment of grandchildren’s school fees in an income tax efficient manner via share restructures of the family businesses.
'Charlotte did an excellent job, was very professional and knowledgeable and I feel in a very safe pair of hands. She made a lot of complex law seem very understandable and was a pleasure to work with. I'd highly recommend her to any of my friends.'
'We had to revise our Wills and the revisions were dealt with courteously and quickly. I appreciated the polite professionalism of Charlotte Dunn. Well done!'
'I needed a Will. My wishes were/are varied and not easy to give a simple description of my circumstances. I now have a Will which provides me with a good outcome when the inevitable happens. My family and Executors will have good guidance when dealing with my estate. It took me a long time to find Shoosmiths and Charlotte Dunn and I am very satisfied with the outcome.'
Having completed a law degree at DeMontfort University of Leicester, Charlotte completed her LPC at Nottingham Law School in 1995, her training contract at Hewitsons and qualified as a solicitor in September 1998. She joined Fennemores in 2000 to head up their private client department, subsequently working at Taylor Walton (2003-05) and Gorvins (2005-2006) before establishing eda law in Milton Keynes, to service the private client needs of emw laws commercial client base.
Charlotte is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Charlotte's interests outside of work include ballet, formula 1 and golf (watching not playing!)
LLB (Hons) 2:1 ( DeMontfort University )
Legal Practice Course Commendation ( Nottingham Law School )