- T: 03700 865077
- I: +44 (0)115 906 5077
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
"You have managed an extremely difficult project with clear direction, tenacity, and thankfully humour every time it stalled for some reason. You have always had our end goal in sight.
I have really enjoyed working with you on this project and with you at the helm, I felt confident to make the decisions I needed to ensure I protected the business."
Tracey Teague, HR Business Partner, Thomas Cook Airlines
Charlotte is an experienced employment lawyer who advises and provides support to HR teams and in house lawyers. She provides commercial and strategic advice on all areas of human resources and employment law from dealing with day to day disciplinary, grievance and performance issues to advising on large scale restructure and redundancy programs.
Having worked both in private practice and in-house for a global energy company, Charlotte understands the pressures and challenges faced by both local and national businesses of all sizes in today's climate and she provides advice to enhance and develop the client's business.
Charlotte also advises senior executives/employees in relation to issues that have arisen during/at the end of their employment and she advises on the terms of compromise/settlement agreements.
Recent work handled by Charlotte includes:
- advising a large airline on a multiple tribunal claim relating to crew’s rights to holiday pay under the Civil Aviation (Working Time) Regulations;
- advising a European pharmaceutical company on the effects of TUPE and assisting the client with the legal and practical steps of setting itself up as an employer in the UK;
- advising a company in the healthcare industry on pursuing a High Court injunction to prevent an employee from breaching their restrictive covenants;
- conducting an equal pay audit for a large rental car company, advising on the effects of the audit and how to mitigate any liabilities;
- advising a large travel company in relation to exiting a senior employee who is underperforming and has raised multiple grievances and allegations of discrimination;
- advising a large travel company in relation to the re-sourcing of various support functions and the outsourcing of other support functions overseas;
- advising clients across different industries in relation to claims brought against them in the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal and representing clients in Employment Tribunal hearings.
Charlotte regularly chairs workshops and forums for HR professionals and in-house lawyers and she has written and led a range of successful training courses for managers, HR professionals and in-house lawyers.
Charlotte joined Shoosmiths in 2004 and qualified in 2006. She undertook a secondment in 2008/09 during which she worked in the in-house legal team of a global energy company.