- T: 03700 866776
- I: +44 (0)1489 61 6776
- M: 07808 569 224
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
"Chris attracts much praise for his "sensible, thorough approach and impressively detailed understanding of the marketplace.""
Chambers UK, A Client's Guide to the Legal Profession
Chris is banking and finance partner and heads up our Structured Asset Finance practice. He has a wide range of experience in relation to structured and asset finance transactions. In particular he specialises in aircraft and rolling stock transactions such as operating and finance leases (including cross border leases) and the procurement and sale of such assets. He has acted on behalf of a large number of clients in the aviation and rail sectors including banks, leasing companies, manufacturers (aircraft and rolling stock), airlines, tour operators, train operators (passenger and freight) and air traffic control organisations.
Examples of his work include:
- acting as the main legal adviser to one of the lead members of the consortium appointed by the Department for Transport to replace the UK's current fleet of high speed trains pursuant to its PFI InterCity Express Programme. The project involves the supply and maintenance of new fleets of trains over the next 30 years, and the construction and refurbishment of several maintenance depots (reported value in excess of £4.5 billion);
- acting for a rolling stock leasing company in connection with the leasing of rolling stock worth in excess of £1billion to a new franchisee;
- acting for two passenger train operating companies in connection with the leasing of all rolling stock required to operate their franchises;
- acting for a passenger train operating company in relation to its proposed acquisition of a fleet of additional new or refurbished vehicles (reported value of up to £180 million);
- acting for a freight operator in connection with the procurement of a fleet of new locomotives (and the related sale/leaseback);
- acting for a flag carrier in connection with the leasing and subleasing of various aircraft and engines from the major leasing companies and to/from various airlines
- acting for a tour operator in connection with the leasing of various aircraft and engines from the major leasing companies and to/from various airlines;
- acting for a tour operator in connection with the procurement of an online reservation system;
- acting for an air traffic control organisation in connection with the procurement of a new air traffic control system (hardware and software) and the leasing of air traffic control equipment.
He has been recognised in the leading legal directories for his work:
Chambers UK describes him as ‘an “extremely thorough and detailed lawyer,” Chris McClure impresses clients with his “second-to-none turnaround time.” He attracts much praise for his "sensible, thorough approach and impressively detailed understanding of the marketplace."
Chris McClure is singled out for his immense knowledge of the industry: “He’s very busy and in demand.” Clients highlight his “open and relaxed manner,” adding that he is “an effective and well-prepared adviser and negotiator.”
(Chambers UK, A Client’s Guide to the Legal Profession)
Chris McClure consistently ‘comes up trumps’ and “Clients highlight Chris McClure’s ‘focused industry knowledge’”