- T: 0370 086 8968
- I: +44 (0)118 965 8968
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Claire is an experienced employment lawyer. She advises HR teams, directors, managers and in-house lawyers on both contentious and non-contentious areas of employment law. Claire provides commercial legal advice to clients in a wide variety of sectors but with a particular focus on IT/communications, manufacturing, charities and educational establishments.
Claire provides advice on a full range of employment issues. She has considerable experience of advising on the strategy and process in large scale restructuring and redundancy situations. She also advises on the variation of terms and conditions of employment, the conduct of capability and disciplinary procedures and dealing with disabled employees. Claire also has much experience in drafting and advising on post termination restrictions.
Claire regularly acts for employers defending Employment Tribunal cases, covering a full range of issues including unfair dismissal, all forms of discrimination (but in particular, disability discrimination), equal pay, whistleblowing and unlawful deduction from wages cases.
Claire's non-contentious experience includes drafting contracts of employment, director's service agreements, company policies and procedures.
Claire’s recent experience has included:
- planning and advising on the implementation of a large scale restructure and changes to contractual terms;
- defending a substantial claim against a client for disability discrimination, whistleblowing and unfair dismissal;
- strategic advice in relation to large scale collective redundancies;
- defending a complex sex discrimination and equal pay claim;
- managing the exit of two senior employees involving disciplinary action and complex grievances.
Claire presents seminars and training for clients. Recent topics have covered redundancy processes, TUPE and training for employee representatives prior to a large scale restructure and TUPE transfer.
LLB (Hons) ( University of Durham )
LPC ( College of Law, Guildford )