- T: 03700 868959
- I: +44 (0)118 965 8959
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Claire is the chief executive of Shoosmiths, with responsibility for the overall management and delivery of the firm's business vision and objectives.
Claire oversees and co-ordinates profitable growth across the firm's five practice groups and six directorates, ensuring operational efficiency. She has been instrumental in creating a strong client focus at Shoosmiths, which has not only served as a central message of the firm's confident re-brand in 2012, but which has also driven a healthy 10% a year average profit margin growth in the firm's commercial, real estate and corporate teams since her appointment as CEO and recognition for Shoosmiths in the British Legal Awards as “UK Law Firm of the Year 2015” (shortlisted 2016).
In her role, Claire has recently been responsible for:
- Leading the firm’s solid financial performance and significant growth in it’s corporate, real estate and private client teams;
- Championing the firm's client-centred strategy and brand to enable the firm to anticipate and stay in step with a rapidly evolving legal market and higher client expectations of their law firms;
- Maintaining the firm's culture and focus on its values, which has helped the firm attract a number of high profile lateral hires and team acquisitions;
- The operational success of the merger with Scottish firm, Archibald Campbell & Harley on 1 October 2012 to create the firm's first office in Scotland;
- Opening new offices in Leeds and Belfast in 2016;
- Ensuring Shoosmiths' network of twelve offices operate as a unified national operation for the benefit of clients and staff.
Claire joined Shoosmiths in 1984 as a trainee solicitor rapidly progressing to become partner in 1990. She led the firm's commercial litigation team in the Thames Valley office between 1990 and 2008. Claire has been on the Board of Shoosmiths since 2000 in the roles of National Head of Dispute Resolution (2000-2008) and National Head of the Commercial Practice Group (2008-2009) prior to her election as chief executive in June 2009.
In 2014 Claire was listed in The Lawyer as a Hot 100 Lawyer. Published annually, the Hot 100 recognises individuals who have contributed significantly to the legal world and enhanced the reputations of the law firms for which they work. In 2016 Claire was awarded the status of ‘Role Model’ in the Women in Business Awards, Board Level and Senior Executive of the Year category.