- T: 0370 086 4138
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4138
- M: 07765 805691
Craig heads the IT discipline within Shoosmiths’ Technology, Media and Commercial team and advises on a wide range of IT and sourcing matters across a wide range of industry sectors with a particular focus on the IT, financial services and retail sectors.
Craig's diverse experience includes negotiating IT infrastructure and desktop outsourcings, ERP and CRM system procurements, complex IT-centric and business process outsourcings (both onshore and offshore), negotiating software implementation, licensing and support agreements, advising on intellectual property issues within the technology, healthcare and biotechnology sector and advising on contractual arrangements relating to e-commerce trading platforms and co-branded financial services on behalf of financial institutions and retail partners.
Craig also has niche expertise within financial services and regularly advises on merchant acquiring, co- branded and affinity products, customer account value added services and other commercial contracts within the retail financial services sector.
Craig is ITIL certified, the leading global best business practice for IT Service Management.
Craig's experience includes advising:
- the UK division of a global automotive manufacturer in respect of the second generation outsourcing of its IT infrastructure to an Indian IT services provider
- a UK challenger bank on the outsourcing of key IT functions to a UK-based IT services provider
- a UK retailer on its contractual arrangements to reduce the retailer’s PCI DSS compliance risks
- a global speciality insurance company on the procurement of its new administration platform, Xuber for Insurers, from Xchanging
- a national higher education admissions authority in respect of its outsourcing contract with Attenda to augment the existing infrastructure and service delivery teams and to ensure a successful confirmation and clearing period in August 2013.
- an international travel company on its £600m+ worldwide network and infrastructure outsourcing arrangements with Accenture.
- a major UK retailer on the launch of a best of breed agile multi-channel retail platform. The project involved the replacement of the underlying ecommerce platform and hosting solution, development of a new web site using agile methodologies, systems integration into the client's new ERP platform and the design and implementation of a new fulfilment chain linking a new outsourced fulfilment centre to the client's nationwide store network.
- a major UK retailer in respect of its SAP ERP system licensing arrangements and associated integration contract with HCL to support the retailer's entire product procurement strategy from supplier to distribution centre.
- a leading UK bank in respect of three separate card processing platform outsourcings to First Data and Total Systems Inc (TSYS) to support the bank's payment card portfolios in multiple jurisdictions.
- a leading UK bank in respect of payment processing and related services for its UK, Irish and US consumer credit and commercial businesses.
- a leading UK credit card issuer in respect of a systems integration project delivered by CSC relating to its card processing platform.
- a leading UK credit card issuer in respect of its affinity card arrangements with a number of high street retailers.
- a leading UK credit card issuer on a wide variety of merchant acquiring arrangements with large retailers as well as a variety of introducer agreements and card issuing contracts such as the Government Procurement Card and the Welsh Procurement Card.