- T: 03700 865700
- I: +44 (0)161 954 5700
- M: 07590 003782
Dan is a real estate lawyer with considerable experience in a broad range of commercial property matters, acting for both public and private sector clients, including developers, occupiers, government departments and local authorities, education establishments, investors and financial institutions.
He specialises in advising on development projects from single site schemes to multi-site large scale and long term projects, having acted on a number of town centre regeneration schemes and projects involving the delivery of a wide range of property assets including hotels, hospitals, health centres, community facilities, leisure facilities, business parks and residential and mixed-use schemes.
His recent experience includes advising:
- Canterbury City Council and BY Development Limited on the re-development of a large site on the outskirts of the city
- Morgan Sindall Investments Limited on a large town centre regeneration project in Towcester, comprising residential, civic buildings, public works, offices and retail elements to be delivered on a phased basis following a competitive dialogue process
- Homes and Communities Agency and numerous other public sector bodies on the acquisition, disposal, management and regeneration of property assets
- Sunderland City Council in relation to a complex and long-term Local Asset Backed Vehicle project to regenerate a number of large sites across Sunderland
- Maori European Holdings on the acquisition and disposal of several prime office buildings in London including Facebook’s London headquarters in Covent Garden
Dan joined the Shoosmiths’ real estate practice in January 2016, having spent 14 years at Pinsent Masons.
He is a member of Interact, a networking group for property professionals.
BA (hons) in History 2:1 ( Durham University )