- T: 03700865694
- I: +44 (0)161 954 5694
- M: 07718 963442
Daniel has experience of acting for local, national and international clients on both contentious and non-contentious planning and development matters. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he qualified as a town planner working for local authorities in Development Control and Planning Policy where he managed a variety of planning applications, including mixed use and residential housing schemes and also developed local planning policy and advised on policy implications for all forms of development.
Since joining Shoosmiths he has gained substantial experience of advising on a wide range of planning and highways matters including the drafting and negotiation of section 106 agreements, advice on planning strategy for development schemes, assisting on CPO matters and advising on and negotiating various infrastructure agreements.
Some of his recent experience relevant to this contract includes assisting and advising:
- Story Homes Limited, a regional house builder, on a number of housing schemes across the North West and negotiating and drafting section 106 agreements and assisting on planning appeals.
- Cheshire East Council on drafting and progressing their section 106 agreements for major housing developments within the borough.
- The Co-operative Group Limited on the negotiation and drafting of section 106 agreements for a number of housing schemes across the UK.
- a Japanese vehicle manufacturer on the drafting of its internal strategic planning policy for the future development of its manufacturing facility in Swindon which considered the potential for future housing provision.
- a global television and digital media distributor on the drafting and negotiation of a complex section 106 agreement for the redevelopment of its headquarters in London with various off-site affordable housing provisions.
- a number of registered social housing providers on the re-negotiation of section 106 agreements including the drafting of deeds of variation and new section 106 agreements.
Daniel is a regular contributor to Shoosmiths’ online legal updates and has recently published articles relating to the Housing and Planning Bill, including commentary on the inclusion of provisions for a new dispute resolution procedure for dealing with stalled section 106 negotiations.
BA (hons) in Planning and Environment 2:1 ( University of Liverpool )
Graduate Diploma in Law ( College of Law )
Legal Practice Course ( College of Law )