- T: 03700 861061
- M: (07736) 502 986
David’s wealth of experience is drawn from representing banks and other lenders for 20 years in all manner of disputes, as well as secondments to two major UK banks. He and his team adopt a proactive approach to dispute resolution, whilst always being mindful of the costs involved. They employ all forms of ADR and take court action wherever it is appropriate to do so.
Examples of areas where David and his team may assist include:
- recovering assets through the use of interim delivery-up orders (against parties in England and other jurisdictions)
- title claims and liens
- satisfactory quality claims
- wrongful interference with goods
- assignment of receivables
- enforcement of guarantees
- invoice fraud
- retention of title clauses
- CCA section 75 claims
- enforcing commercial loan facilities
- mis-selling complaints
- payment services (in the context of misdirected funds, which may involve fraud)
- priority of lenders’ charges
- Tomlinson-type allegations of misconduct
- unfair relationship challenges
A significant part of David’s practice involves providing high-level strategic advice to clients about thematic issues affecting their recoveries operations, eg. implications of using e-signatures to form contracts, and case-specific advice about contract drafting, management of contractual relationships and termination and enforcement procedures, in the interests of dispute avoidance.
Outside work, David is married with three sons and enjoys all sport, especially football, and is a long-suffering Leeds United season-ticket holder.