- T: 03700 864153
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4153
- M: 07730 284314
Emma is a Solicitor in the construction & engineering team and is based in the Birmingham office.
Emma advises developers, contractors, sub-contractors, insolvency practitioners, and other construction and engineering professionals on a wide variety of issues, focusing primarily on dispute resolution including conducting mediations, adjudications and court proceedings. This includes advising on claims for defective workmanship, loss and expense claims, payment disputes, professional negligence claims and defective design. Emma also has a background in insurance litigation and has experience in dealing in a range of disputes.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising a large pharmaceuticals client in respect of a payment dispute arising from defective design.
- Advising a large charity on a dispute with the contractor and professional team relating to defective renovations of social housing accommodation.
- Advising main contractor in respect of a large Final Account dispute
- Defending claims against the main contractor in respect of alleged defective workmanship.
- Providing advice on contract amendments to a large automotive business.
Emma qualified in 2010, and joined Shoosmiths in 2016 having previously worked at DAC Beachcroft.