- T: 0370 086 4393
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4393
- M: 07714 140181
Gemma is a Solicitor in the Construction and Engineering Team and is based in the Birmingham office.
Gemma advises developers, contractors, sub-contractors and other construction and engineering professionals across a broad range of contentious issues, including payment disputes, loss and expense claims, claims for defective workmanship and design, and professional negligence claims. She advises primarily in relation to dispute resolution including conducting mediations, adjudications and court proceedings. Gemma also has a background in insurance litigation and has experience in dealing in a range of disputes.
Her recent contentious experience includes:
- Advising a large contractor client in respect of defective workmanship carried out by the subcontractor;
- Advising a developer in respect of a payment dispute with the main contractor arising from a loss and expense claim;
- Advising a developer on a dispute with the contractor and architect relating to the overvaluation of works carried out on a residential renovation project;
- Advising a Contract Administrator in relation to a payment dispute with the Employer;
- Advising a developer on a dispute with the contractor and professional team relating to defective workmanship and design of student accommodation.
Gemma qualified in 2014, and joined Shoosmiths in 2016 having previously worked at DAC Beachcroft as a newly qualified solicitor.