- T: 0370 086 8925
- I: +44 (0)118 965 8925
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Jennifer is an experienced employment lawyer assisting a wide variety of clients in both contentious and non-contentious matters on a daily basis.
Jennifer's experience includes advising clients on contentious matters such as unfair dismissal claims, discrimination claims, breach of contract and redundancy issues. She also advises on a range of non-contentious matters, including reviewing and drafting employee handbooks, reviewing contracts of employment and advising on family friendly matters. Jennifer also has experience of drafting and negotiating termination agreements for both employers and individuals.
With a keen interest in business immigration, Jennifer frequently assists clients with the Points Based System introduced by the UK Border Agency. Business immigration work includes assisting employers to obtain a sponsorship licence, requesting certificates of sponsorship for employers and advising on various routes to employing migrant workers in the most effective way possible for the client.
Jennifer has experience of dealing with employment tribunal claims from the commencement of the claim to the advocacy at the hearing and also has experience of judicial mediations.
Recent work handled by Jennifer includes:
- strategically defending a complex unfair dismissal, sex, sexual orientation, religion and belief, race and disability discrimination claim which has resulted in all of the Claimant’s claims being struck out at a PHR as they had no reasonable prospects of success;
- obtaining a business visit visa for a client who had an employee they needed to bring to the UK for training. The employee had previously been refused a UK visa, had been refused entry to the UK and had been deported from the UK;
- successfully defending a Housing Association in relation to an unfair dismissal and disability discrimination claim brought by an employee who was dismissed for gross misconduct (and claiming £5.6 million in compensation), including undertaking the advocacy at Tribunal and obtaining a costs award of £5,000 against the Claimant;
- achieving a commercial settlement for a client in a complex wages claim. The Claimant was very difficult to manage, was likely to bring future claims against the client and Jennifer managed to achieve a favourable commercial settlement for them including the Claimant agreeing to resign from his position;
- successfully seeking costs against an individual who brought an unmeritorious breach of contract claim against a client. Although the Claimant eventually withdrew his claim, Jennifer was still able to persuade a tribunal to award costs to her client in the circumstances.
As a keen speaker, Jennifer regularly delivers training to clients and speaks at various seminars and events. Jennifer enjoys delivering training on all aspects of employment law and also speaks on business immigration matters at seminars. She has also written articles for various publications and is a co-author of Drafting Service Agreements.
Jennifer trained with Shoosmiths, and qualified into the Employment team in September 2007.
LLB (Hons) First Class ( University of Kent at Canterbury )
LPC Distinction ( College of Law, Guildford )