- T: 0370 086 8386
- I: +44 (0)1908 48 8386
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
John founded the Intellectual Property Group in 1994 and specializes in patent and design right cases. He primarily represents businesses involved in the electronics, hardware and fashion sectors. He has also acted in some large scale technology disputes . He has been recently involved in the following:
- acting on behalf of Waters Corporation in relation to defence of various claims brought against them in relation to patent infringement here (Patents Court and Court of Appeal) and in France and Germany;
- acted for Haldex Brake Products 2nd largest manufacturer of brake systems for hgv’s in two substantial patent cases in the Patents courts;
- dealt with expert determination concerning large residential site in the Midlands where the price could not be agreed between national developer and farmer;
- achieved a £1million pound settlement in a breach of confidence action just prior to 10 day scheduled trial;
- successfully represented UK Company in the Patents Court seeking to recover half ownership of US Patent from ex-employee;
- acted in Patents Court action over a Technology transfer agreement between a US and Luxembourg Company concerning rights in specially treated medical implants;
- currently acting on behalf of worldwide retailer in UK patent dispute concerning a particular type of fabric.
- The Mead Corporation v McLaren Packaging Ltd;
- Anacon Corporation Ltd v Environmental Research Technology Ltd;
- Assidoman Multipack v The Mead Corporation;
- Haddonstone Limited v David Sharp;
- Mackie Designs Inc v Behringer;
- Aberdeen Independent intervener in the appeals (2) of Aberdeen Journals Ltd to Competition Commission Appeals Tribunal;
- Agilent Technologies v Waters Corporation;
- Knorr-Bremse Brake Products Ltd v Haldex Brake Products GmbH
John has been a member of the International Trade Mark Association for many years. He worked at Bird and Bird before joining Shoosmiths.
Chemistry ( City University )