- T: 03700 868863
- I: +44 (0)118 965 8863
- M: 07872 676 333
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
"Thanks for your hard work, skill and professionalism; clearly the right tactics and executed at the right time"
Joe Healy, HR Director, Victim Support
Jonathan is a Barrister with 20 years’ experience as an employment law specialist. Jonathan advises HR Directors and senior managers on all aspects of the employment relationship including equality and discrimination law, transfers of undertakings, redundancies and restructuring and post-termination restrictions.
An experienced Tribunal advocate, Jonathan appears regularly in both the Employment Tribunals and the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
Jonathan’s recent work includes:
- managing the dedicated team dealing with a significant Tribunal caseload for Hewlett Packard Limited, including presenting cases at final Tribunal Hearings;
- handling ground-breaking litigation for Daler-Rowney Limited, which raises novel issues of European Law in proceedings at the Employment Appeal Tribunal;
- advising Saudi Arabian Airlines on all employment matters within the UK;
- advising Regus Management (UK) Limited on significant corporate restructuring and multiple Tribunal claims;
- representing Victim Support at Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal proceedings;
- supporting Xafinity Consulting on employment law matters, including restructuring processes and settlement agreements for senior employees;
- obtaining costs awards for various clients against Claimants following the successful defence of claims.
Another aspect of Jonathan's role is to present training for clients, which he does on a regular basis. Recent topics for training have included TUPE, handling redundancy processes, managing sickness absence, avoiding Tribunal claims, equality and diversity and the legal issues involved in monitoring employee use of email and the Internet.
Jonathan qualified from the Inns of Court School of Law in June 1995 and was a Barrister at King’s Chambers, East Sussex, between 1995 and 2000. He worked at Morgan Cole before joining Shoosmiths in 2007.
LL.B (Hons) ( University College London )