- T: 0370 086 6708
- I: +44 (0)1489 61 6708
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
"Jonathan Smart attracts plenty of praise from his clients. "You can be frank with him when having discussions. He will give you an outline on success and failure risk, backing it up with evidence"; a client reports"
Jon is a Senior Associate in our litigation practice and heads up the Solent office's dispute resolution and compliance team. He advises on complex, high value commercial disputes and is recommended in the 2017 Legal 500 Guide.
Jon has extensive experience of resolving high value and complex commercial disputes often with a multi-jurisdictional element. His practice has a particular emphasis in:-
1. IT and outsourcing disputes;
2. Contract and supply chain litigation; and
3. Corporate and shareholder disputes.
Jon has a particularly strong reputation in the automotive and technology sectors and works with a number of leading automotive manufacturers and global IT companies including Volkswagen Group, Bang & Olufsen and Honda Motor Europe. Jon is also a member of the Society for Computers and Law.
Recent work includes:
- Pursuing claims for a US technology company in respect of a multi-million pound dispute arising from a global IT outsourcing agreement;
- Advising a leading FTSE 100 company in respect of a £40 million supply chain dispute involving a leading retail chain;
- Acting for a global automotive manufacturer in a multimillion pound telecommunications dispute, including pursuing claim relating to the procurement process, contractual interpretation and exit;
- Defending a leading IT company from claims exceeding £20milllion arising from an complex software development project; and
- Acting in the matter of HHH v GGG in defending a £40 million claim arising from the payment of bribes to a foreign public official, which are the subject of a parallel criminal investigation by the Serious Fraud Office.
Jon is regularly asked to contribute to leading publications and is the author of the Lexis Nexis chapter on “Termination of Distribution Agreements”.
LLB (Hons), First ( University of Surrey )
LPC, Distinction ( College of Law, Guildford )