- T: 03700865776
- I: +44 (0)161 954 5776
- M: 07889591289
"The "thorough and tenacious" team at Shoosmiths advised Vastint on the CPO to deliver a mixed-use residential scheme on a derelict site. Kathryn Jump is "commercial and responsive" and "always goes that extra mile to secure the objective". The "fantastic" Lisa tye is also recommended."
Kathryn is a planning lawyer with extensive experience of advising on a wide range of planning, highways and CPO matters including drafting and negotiating complex Section 106 agreements, advice on planning strategy, judicial review, footpath/highway closures, infrastructure agreements and village green issues.
Kathryn has acted for a mix of public and private clients, including the North West Development Agency, Islington Council, Peel Holdings, United Utilities, Tesco and the Co-operative Group.
Her recent project experience includes advising:
- Peel Holdings on a number of large housing sites in Ellesmere Port and Salford, including advising on the strategy for renewal of unimplemented parts of existing consents, securing new consents and renegotiating Section106 requirements, and project managing planning appeals through the inquiry process.
- Vastint (IKEA's Pension Fund) in relation to the creation of a residential -led new "urban village" in Stratford, London.
- Story Homes in relation to 20+ Section 106 agreements.
- Canterbury City Council in relation to the regeneration of a city centre site for a mixed use development.
- The London Borough of Hackney in relation to the compulsory purchase and redevelopment of four tower blocks.
Kathryn joined Shoosmiths as a partner in the planning team in December 2013, having previously worked in Eversheds' specialist Planning Team, DWF and Semple Fraser. She spent 6 years working in-house for Preston and then St Helens Councils, before her career in private practice.
She is a Legal Associate Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute and a Member of The Law Society's Planning Panel.
Kathryn has been identified as a Leading Individual for Planning legal work in the 2016 edition of Legal 500, being described by clients as "commercial and responsive" and a person who "always goes that extra mile to secure the objective".
Law (LLB) 2:1 ( The Nottingham Trent University )
LPC ( College of Law in Chester )