- T: 03700864258
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4258
Kathy is a commercial real estate lawyer with over 20 years’ experience, with particular focus on retail, development and portfolio management work. Kathy has been recognised by Chambers UK Legal Directory as a leader in her field since 2006. Commentators say she “has a tactical appreciation of a wide range of issues” (Chambers 2015).
Kathy’s recent experience includes advising:
- A well known Midlands developer on the site assembly, pre-let and forward funding of a 40,000 sq ft food retail store in Worcester.
- The largest private property company in England on the disposal of a shopping centre in Warwickshire.
- A longstanding retail client on the disposal of the leasehold interest of its former flagship store on Oxford Street.
- The developer on the pre-letting, development and funding of a mixed use development was the first development in the Midlands to attract funding from the Growing Places Fund.
- On the redevelopment of a former Victorian hospital in Berkshire to prestigious apartments, the sale of the apartments and the forward sale of the freehold reversion.
Kathy joined Shoosmiths in 2015 from SGH Martineau LLP where she was head of retail. She is a trustee of the Orchestra of the Swan and acts as a business mentor for start up businesses under the Princes Trust scheme.