- T: 0370 086 8444
- I: +44 (0)1908 48 8444
- M: 07793859943
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Kunjan is an experienced pensions lawyer advising employers, trustees, actuaries, accountants and other specialists and firms on all aspects of pension matters relating to occupational and personal pension arrangements.
Kunjan’s style is to focus on the goals that the client wishes to achieve and to then provide proactive advice on how this can be achieved in the most commercial and practical way.
Recent work undertaken by Kunjan includes:
- advising a trustee board on the impact of the sale of the sponsoring employer including advice on the employer debt legislation, and assisting in negotiations surrounding withdrawal arrangements and parent company guarantees;
- setting up of standalone life assurance arrangements;
- advising trustees on proposed changes to pension arrangements, including consideration of cross border issues;
- reviewing and advising on historical scheme documentation in light of the equalisation requirements;
- advising a public sector employer on the terms of admission agreements and their membership of other public sector schemes;
- advising trustees on putting into place contingent assets;
- providing advice for employers on their auto-enrolment duties and obligations, including communications required with employees in accordance with the auto-enrolment regime;
- advising both employers and trustees in relation to scheme mergers; and
- advising on the pensions aspects of corporate transactions.
Kunjan consolidates and strengthens her understanding of issues facing trustees and businesses by working closely with her clients and other advisers.
Kunjan retrained as a full time specialist in pensions law in 2002 following 3 years experience as a wills, family and wealth management lawyer in Nottingham and she joined Shoosmiths in 2003.