- T: 03700 868221
- I: +44 (0)118 965 8221
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Elizabeth is a pensions lawyer, advising trustees and employers of occupational pension schemes in relation to a range of both strategic and day-to-day issues.
Recent work handled by Elizabeth includes:
- advising both trustees and employers in relation to putting in place contingent assets including: parent company guarantees from overseas companies; and charges over property;
- advice in relation to the validity of past amendments to scheme rules, including equalisation;
- drafting trust deeds, scheme rules and other scheme documentation;
- facilitating the entry of schemes into the Pension Protection Fund in complicated circumstances, for example: where no statutory employer remains; or where no qualifying insolvency event for PPF entry purposes has occurred;
- advising a SIPP provider in relation to: the consequences of various historical events, which occurred before the tax simplification rules came into force; and potential remedies for such consequences; and
- providing advice to employers in relation to: the amendment of their existing pension scheme to make them auto-enrolment compliant; conducting any necessary consultation with employees in accordance with regulations; and the drafting of employee communications required by law, in preparation for auto-enrolment.
Elizabeth trained with Shoosmiths and qualified in September 2010. She is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers.
BA (Hons) in Italian Studies ( University of Birmingham )
LLB (Legal Practice) ( Oxford Institute of Legal Practice )