- T: 03700 864237
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4237
- M: 07725 220591
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Michael is an employment law specialist advising both companies and individuals on the full spectrum of employment law issues.
Michael offers practical advice on the numerous issues that arise in day to day HR practice with a view to ensuring that the client’s desired outcome is achieved as quickly and effectively as possible. He regularly advises clients on disciplinary and grievance issues, terminating employment, and dealing with discrimination complaints and Employment Tribunal claims.
His experience also includes drafting all types of employment documentation and providing external training to numerous blue chip clients.
In addition, Michael also regularly advises individuals in connection with severance discussions and Settlement Agreements. He also has experience of acting for claimants in Tribunal proceedings.
Recent work handled by Michael includes:
- defending an international tour operator client against a complex multiple sex discrimination and unlawful deduction from wages claim;
- advising a large national retailer in connection with enforcing post termination restrictions against a senior executive who had left to join a rival business;
- defending an arms length housing management company in connection with a high value unfair dismissal claim and disability discrimination involving an alleged failure to make reasonable adjustments;
- advising an investment client on the employment aspects arising out of the purchase of a property, including drafting and negotiating the TUPE aspects of the sale documentation and carrying out due diligence prior to the purchase;
- negotiating the terms of Settlement Agreements on behalf of multiple employees following a change to their terms and conditions of employment.
Michael qualified in September 2008 and joined Shoosmiths in January 2011.
GDL & LPC ( Birmingham College of Law )
BA (hons) in History 2:1 ( University of Warwick )