- T: 0370 086 4232
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4232
- M: +44 (0) 7718 117 025
"I've worked with Paul for many years and he is a commercial and responsive lawyer who always goes the extra mile...he is enjoyable to work with and importantly makes my life easier."
General Counsel, Global Food Company
Paul is a partner in the corporate team and specialises in M&A transactions, private equity investments, complex international group reorganisations, management incentive arrangements and high net worth/family investment structures.
Paul has specialist expertise in the health & social care sector having advised on numerous transactions and projects for a number of large care groups.
Paul joined Shoosmiths in 2017 from PwC where he founded and grew the Midlands legal business. Prior to PwC he spend many years in the corporate team at international law firm Pinsent Masons LLP.
Recent experience includes:
- advising a NYSE listed global group in connection with a $2bn acquisition and subsequent global integration;
- providing general corporate advice to a well known food company including in connection with its disposal.
- delivering a complex group re-organisation in order to prepare a large care group for a divesement process.
- advising the management team on the £30m MBO of a recruitment company;
- implementing family investment structures for a number of high net worth clients in connection with succession planning and expected exit processes;
- advising a major high street retailer, a national car supermarket and utilities provider on the implementation of share based senior management incentive arrangements; and
- advising one of the country’s leading private business groups on various matters including share based management incentive arrangements for portfolio group companies and family investment structuring.
BEng (hons) in Chemical Engineering with Biochemical Engineering ( University of Birmingham )
Graduate Diploma in Law ( University of Birmingham )
Legal Practicing Course ( College of Law - Birmingham )