- T: 03700864147
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4147
Priti advises on a range of IT and general commercial matters across a wide range of industry sectors, with a particular focus on technology and sourcing matters.
More recently, Priti has been heavily involved in high value and highly publicised outsourcing and commercial matters, primarily within the financial services sphere. Priti has worked with national and international clients dealing with complex IT-centric and business process outsourcing, multi-supplier divestment disposal processes, merchant acquirer and payment card terms and conditions, payment facilitator models as well as cross-border IT terms and conditions, software design and development, 'bring your own device' and virtual desktop projects.
Priti's experience includes:
- Advising a leading FM services provider on a subcontract for the provision of catering services within various hospital sites in the UK.
- Advising Telefónica in connection with its UK franchise strategy including drafting the suite of contracts to be used in connection with its O2 stores.
- Advising a leading UK commercial bank on the £225m outsourcing of its transactional print and outbound mail service for all of its UK operations. Priti was central in advising on the complex deal structure with significant risk to the client, which involved stringent transition and transformation specifications, tax requirements, the transfer of TUPE transferring employees, the specific and multifaceted processes and procedures in respect of all elements of the transferring services as well as the ability for the supplier to commercialise the real estate being acquired.
- Advising a leading UK commercial bank on the £120m+ outsourcing of the bank's imaging and incoming mail processing services.
- Advising a leading UK provider of funeral services in respect of the revised and redrafting of its entire suite of crematoria, memorial and funeral arrangement plans. This involved a unique set of circumstances involving a unique approach in dealing with extremely sensitive circumstances, whilst retaining a legal and commercial focus.
- Advising a leading commercial UK bank in relation to the divestment of 632 of its branches and the division of the supply of services in respect of each of the bank's suppliers.
- Advising a leading credit card issuer in relation to the launch of a reward points credit card.
- Advising a leading credit card issuer on the launch of its payment processing services in taxis - one of the first of its kind and a vital strategic deal for the client.
- Advising the National Health Service in respect of elements of its £6bn "National Programme for IT" project.
Priti has gained invaluable in-house experience dealing with a range of general commercial contracts, including framework agreements, MSAs, technology specific agreements, finance specific agreements, adoption agreements and supplier and customer terms and conditions, and her secondments include:
- a 4 month secondment to Capital One advising on the procurement and legal aspects of Capital One's IT and software portfolio, liaising with all aspects of the UK business;
- a 9 month part-time secondment with NCR Limited dealing with MSAs for the supply and licensing of hardware and software solutions, POS terminals and self-service kiosks, managed services and maintenance agreements, often liaising with clients internationally, predominantly in Germany and the US;
- a 6 month secondment working in the Legal, Regulatory and Compliance department, following a 4 month secondment within the Regulatory division. Priti advised on a range of commercial matters within the technological and payment acceptance spheres; and
- a 3 month secondment in the Legal team with Morgan Advanced Materials (formerly The Morgan Crucible Company plc), working alongside the General Counsel and advising on general commercial matters dealing with cross-border trading terms and conditions acting in the vein of supplier and customer.
Priti trained and qualified at DLA Piper in 2010 before moving to Shoosmiths in June 2014.