- T: 0370 086 4059
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4059
- M: 07889 306040
Rebekah is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution and Compliance team and advises a range of PLC and privately owned companies in a variety of disputes. Rebekah’s expertise covers general commercial litigation, including contractual disputes (including the sale and goods of services), breach of restrictive covenant disputes, shareholder, director and partnership disputes, product liability disputes, ‘passing off’ disputes, debt recovery and enforcement matters.
Rebekah also has an interest in reputation management, including defamation (libel and slander) claims and the misuse of private information, acting on behalf of both high profile individuals and businesses. She regularly liaises with Internet Service Providers and website hosts on behalf of clients regarding the removal of defamatory content published on the internet. In addition, she has acted for clients pursuing Mobile Telephone Voicemail Interception (‘phone hacking’) claims.
Rebekah’s experience includes work on a number of high profile and/or high value cases, including:-
- Acting for a large European based manufacturer in relation to high value joint venture / partnership dispute.
- Acting in a £1.4m dispute on behalf of an international bank pursuing 6 defendants involving 2 professional negligence claims against different parties, subrogation claims and issues relating to fraud / deceit.
- Acting in injunctive relief proceedings on behalf of a large outsourcing company in respect of (1) breach of restrictive covenants; (2) breaches of fiduciary and statutory duties; (3) diversion of business and secret profit; and (4) breach of contract.
- Acting for a former MP in libel proceedings, including a summary judgment application and advising in relation to a subsequent appeal to the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for high profile clients in respect of ‘phone hacking’ claims in the High Court, which included claims for damages and an injunction and involved Norwich Pharmacal Applications.
Rebekah trained at Irwin Mitchell and qualified into the Commercial Dispute Resolution team as a solicitor in 2011 before joining Shoosmiths as an Associate in 2015.