- T: 0370 086 8032
- I: +44 (0)131 270 8032
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Rod heads up the Recoveries Services Group in Scotland. Rod provides advice to a wide range of financial institutions, trade creditors, utilities and public bodies. He has particular expertise in dealing with commercial debt recovery and insolvency related litigation. He specialises in advising suppliers in the construction industry. Rod brings a client focussed, robust commercial approach to his work combined with a high level of organisation.
The Legal 500 2015 describes Rod as "approachable and extremely talented" with "a depth of knowledge across the board".
His recent experience includes advising:
- a major aggregates supplier in the swift and successful recovery of a £125,000 debt from a distressed construction company which subsequently went into Administration;
- an engineering company in obtaining security on the dependence of an action against a foreign domiciled company;
- a major debt purchaser in relation to its Scottish litigation strategy;
- a big four insolvency practice on recovery of a complex syndicated loan;
- a major utilities company in relation its Scottish litigation strategy;
- a FTSE 100 company on recovery of its Scottish debtor ledger.
Rod qualified as a solicitor in 1985, became an associate in 1988 and was promoted to partner in 1989. He is a Writer to Her Majesty's Signet and a Notary Public.
Dip LP ( The University of Edinburgh )
MA (Hons) Politics ( The University of Edinburgh )
LLB ( The University of Edinburgh )