- T: 03700 86 5743
- I: 44 (0)161 954 5743
- M: +44 (0) 7793 187 654
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
"Sarah has been on secondment with me for some months now and has been a great addition to the team. She has been dealing with a wide range of commercial contracts, many of which are complex, multi-jurisdictional and of significant value. Sarah is regarded as a valued advisor to the business and takes a commercially focused approach to all the work that she does.
Emma Langford, Thomas Cook Group Airlines - Head of Legal
Sarah is a solicitor in the commercial team, experienced in advising on a range of strategic and business-critical commercial agreements including contracts for supply and purchase, framework agreements, outsourcing agreements, IT and software agreements and agency and distributor agreements. Sarah has particular experience advising on issues relating to the aviation and manufacturing sectors.
In addition to her knowledge of commercial law, Sarah regularly advises on strategic commercial business immigration queries, including conducting sponsor licence applications, assisting and advising on visa applications, providing immigration training to both in-house legal, HR and management and in co-ordinating immigration audits.
Sarah focuses on her clients’ commercial goals and provides strategic advice on deploying the law to meet their commercial aims.
Sarah is currently seconded to a major UK airline on a part time basis where recent work highlights include:
- drafting and negotiating various long term and short term supply and purchase agreements including:
- a business critical agreement for the provision of catering services in the US; and
- purchase agreements for seat covers, aircraft carpets and in-flight trolleys;
- reviewing and drafting IATA standard ground handling agreements;
- reviewing and advising on heavy aircraft maintenance agreements for the provision of C-Checks;
- advising the business and interested stakeholders on a dispute with a major UK ground handling company under the Payment Surcharges Regulations;
- advising on various aviation law issues including:
- competition law issues relating to the Airport Charges Regulations;
- consumer law issues under the Air Services Regulations; and
- aircraft security documentation.
Sarah trained with Shoosmiths undertaking seats in commercial and competition before qualifying with Shoosmiths in September 2011.
Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice ( University of Sheffield )
Law LLB (Hons) ( University of Newcastle Upon Tyne )