- T: 03700 868412
- I: +44 (0)1908 48 8412
- M: 07595 467198
Sarah has been practising pensions law since 2007 and has extensive experience on a wide range of pension scheme issues. She regularly drafts pension scheme documentation and provides advice to trustees and employers on complex scheme issues, such as equalisation and the interpretation of pension scheme provisions. She also has a number of years’ experience as a professional pension scheme trustee, and is able to apply the lessons she has learnt from this role to much of her advisory work.
Sarah is an approachable and conscientious lawyer who puts the needs of her clients at the heart of the advice she provides. Her logical and organised approach to pensions law enables her to guide pension schemes effectively through sometimes complex pensions projects.
Recent work undertaken by Sarah includes:
· advising an employer on the impact of automatic enrolment on its business and existing occupational pension schemes, including setting up a new automatic enrolment section within an existing scheme;
· advising the trustees of a scheme about a proposal to close a scheme to the future accrual of benefits, including the consideration of complex amendments required to the rules of the scheme as a result of the closure;
· consideration of the impact of the abolition of contracting out on a salary related basis on a number of defined benefit pension schemes;
· drafting a consolidation and update of a pension scheme’s definitive trust deed and rules;
· providing advice to a trade union and its members on aspects of the National Health Service Pension Scheme; and
· as a professional pension scheme trustee, guiding pension schemes through Pension Protection Fund assessment periods following the insolvency of their sponsoring employer, a role which requires the consideration of challenging legal issues such as equalisation, the identification and rectification of the over and underpayment of benefits to members, and the identification of a scheme’s statutory employers.
BA in Law: 1st ( Pembroke College, University of Cambridge )