- T: 03700 866845
- I: +44 (0)1489 61 6845
- M: 07793 187657
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
" "Sean as client partner is accessible, hands on, pro-active, fair and commercial - city expertise provided at a lower cost than rival city firms.""
Sean heads up the National Private Equity practice and leads the South Corporate team covering its Solent, Thames Valley and Milton Keynes offices. A top class corporate partner he is identified by Chambers and Partners as "a leader in his fields" and in Legal 500, he is “considered to be the best corporate lawyer on the South coast.”
Since joining Shoosmiths in 2004 Sean has built the private equity team into the first class national practice it is today. Acting for equity providers, management teams and financial sponsors the team have a unique national footprint, with a top class equity offering across the UK from Manchester to Solent.
Major deals where Sean has recently acted include:
- Acting for August Equity and the management shareholders on the disposal of the entire share capital of Planit Holdings Limited to Vero Software.
- Acting for Ageas (UK) Ltd on the £215 million acquisition of Kwik Fit Financial Services Ltd and the £53 million acquisition of Castle Cover Ltd.
- Acting for LDC on its buyout of Vysionics - deal value undisclosed and on the buy out of A-Gas - deal value £ 70 million.
- Acting on the Bowmark led buy out of Glenside Care Group.
- Acting on the HIG Capital acquisition of Aircom International - deal value undisclosed.
- Acting for the August Equity and the selling shareholders on the secondary buy out of Lifeways Community Care by OMERS Private Equity for an undisclosed sum.
- Acting for management on the MBO of Davies Group by Electra Partners in a transaction which saw LDC exit.
- Acting on the £4.2 million development capital investment in the Benefex group by the Business Growth Fund (BGF).
Sean Wright has been ranked in The Chambers 100 – a newly launched prestigious list of the best 100 business lawyers in the UK. Sean has been ranked at number 58 in the list for his ‘commercial awareness and negotiation skills’, and ability to ‘maintain goodwill but win the key points’. Sean ‘provides hands-on personal service, and has loads of experience and the ability to negotiate in a friendly way.’ The Chambers 100
Sean qualified in London in 1990, gaining practical experience with a year’s secondment to Shell International Plc. He then moved to Addleshaws, specialising in corporate finance. In 1994 he joined regional law firm Blake Lapthorn in Hampshire, where he went on to head the firm’s corporate finance practice in Southampton. He joined Shoosmiths in 2004 as an Equity Partner.