- T: 03700 868029
- I: +44 (0)131 270 8029
""They've been absolutely spot on. They are straightforward to work with: we ask questions and they just come back with an answer in simple terms.""
Sheelagh is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate Practice Group who specialises in Real Estate Finance, acting for many major financial institutions and lenders and also provides advice to borrowers on their funding requirements and associated documentation. Sheelagh also undertakes a range of real estate work such as acquisitions, disposals and all aspects of leasing work.
Sheelagh is listed as an "Associate to Watch" in the 2018 Chambers Directory.
Having spent time on secondment to a City of London firm in 2006, Sheelagh has significant experience of acting on large portfolio and multi-jurisdictional finance work gained both during her time on secondment and subsequently.
Sheelagh is also regularly involved with insolvency and restructuring, acting for a range of insolvency practitioners and banks in, for example, reviewing security packages, advising on real estate strategy and disposals.
Her recent notable transactions include:
- acting for lender in relation to £12m refinance of mixed use development site in Central Scotland
- acting for borrower in relation to £28m refinance in relation to a significant student accommodation development in central Edinburgh
- acting for major institutional lender in £4.5m refinance of student accommodation provider in Edinburgh;
- acting for lender in £1.3m asset finance deal involving materials being supplied for major infrastructure project in Scotland;
- acting for major lender in £3m financing of open space land management company
- acting for major lender in funding of significant residential development site for established local developer in Edinburgh
Sheelagh is dual qualified in Scotland and England and Wales and is a notary public.