- T: 03700 868009
- I: +44 (0)131 270 8009
- M: 07894251257
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Shona is a real estate solicitor with experience in a wide range of commercial property transactions. She has particular experience in the residential development sector, but also acts for clients in investment acquisitions, disposals, leases and lease management, property finance transactions, and on the property aspects of corporate acquisitions.
Her recent experience includes:
· acting for a major UK housebuilder in the acquisition of various strategic and high-profile residential development sites, and thereafter attending to site set-up including servicing and deeds of conditions;
· handling the Scottish end of a number of complex cross-border income strip portfolio transactions;
· drafting and negotiating a suite of documentation implementing a unique investment structure in the student accommodation sector, and thereafter devising a plot sales process to support the model;
· advising an Edinburgh developer on the acquisition and development funding of a former children’s home for extension and conversion;
· assisting with a number of portfolio funding transactions for institutional lenders; and
· advising on the investment acquisition of various business park properties, completing within 2 weeks of receipt of instructions.
Shona joined Shoosmiths' real estate practice in January 2013 from another large Scottish firm. She has previously worked for one of Scotland's leading property search companies.
LLB with Spanish (hons) 2:1 ( University of Glasgow )
Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice ( Glasgow Graduate School of Law )