- T: 03700 868440
- I: +44 (0)1908 48 8440
- M: 07793187661
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
"Shoosmiths' company secretarial team is fast, organized, efficient and extremely knowledgeable. They provide a personal touch and responsiveness one doesn't find at most law firms.
Chason Carroll, Assistant General Counsel, CompuCredit Corporation
Siân is a legal director in the corporate team in Milton Keynes, and is head of the national company secretarial team.
The team is involved in a full range of company secretarial services:
- rapid electronic formation of companies limited by shares or limited by guarantee and also limited liability partnerships (LLPs). (Companies are usually set up within 24 hours and are often set up within two hours.)
- registering UK branches of foreign companies
- auditing statutory records to ensure legal compliance, especially before and after company purchases and mergers
- acting as company secretary for a wide range of national and international clients (ranging in size from individual companies to large groups) to ensure compliance with English laws including:
- acting for the UK group of companies that are part of a large international group, regularly reporting back to head office on reorganisations and verifying information held
- acting for well-known national property developers providing property management companies and company secretarial support
- acting for international clients based in the USA, Czech Republic, South Korea, Zimbabwe, Spain, France, and Germany
- taking on work where the client’s company secretary has left and the client needs 'emergency' help
- acting as registered office and service address for many companies and individual officers
- providing specific company secretarial advice and support according to client needs
- forming “right to manage” companies for residents of apartments and flats
The team uses a specialist electronic database to manage client and company data in the most efficient way possible.
Siân was previously a partner at Shoosmiths specialising in corporate legal matters including management buy-outs and buy-ins, and sales and acquisitions of companies and businesses, so has a wide experience of company law.
Siân trained at SJ Berwin & Co, qualifying in 1994. Since then she has worked in law firms in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. She joined Shoosmiths in January 2003.
BSc (Hons) Law & Chemistry ( Keele University )