- T: 03700 865810
- I: +44 (0)161 954 5810
- M: 07834 445 377
Sophie is a real estate litigation lawyer with experience of acting for landlords, tenants and portfolio holders. She has substantial estate management expertise, spanning both private and public sectors, as well as experience of dealing with a broad range of property disputes whether negotiating a settlement or resorting to court proceedings. Sophie’s approach is typified by providing clear and concise legal advice with a focus on achieving clients’ commercial objectives.
Her recent experience includes advising:
- Two of the country’s leading shopping centres in relation to all aspects of estate management including debt recovery, insolvency, dilapidations, service charge and forfeiture;
- A major investment fund in respect of its large portfolio of office, retail and industrial properties, notably with regards to tenant management and default;
- A global telecommunications company in relation to its telecoms mast sites, including strategic advice in relation to the Telecommunications Code and the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954;
- Private and public sector commercial landlords and tenants in relation to the operation of lease break options and lease renewals in the context of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954;
- A national institution in relation to a rates dispute with the valuation office agency.
Sophie has been a solicitor in Shoosmiths' real estate litigation practice since August 2014, having joined the firm from DAC Beachcroft.
Sophie is a member of the Property Litigation Association and also takes a keen interest in pro bono activities, most recently supervising Manchester University students in giving legal advice to the general public.
BA (Hons) English Literature ( University of Leeds )
Graduate Diploma in Law ( BPP Law School, Manchester )
Legal Practice Course ( BPP Law School, Manchester )