- T: 0370 086 4130
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4130
- M: 07740 456 430
""I have a high opinion of his intellect, and his judgement in strategically advising clients is sound.""
Stephen is a partner in the Construction Team and specialises in advising contractors, employers, developers, consultants and end user occupiers on dispute resolution & contract drafting/amendment.
The main focus of his practice is dispute resolution and he has over 20 years experience of all forms of dispute resolution including, adjudication, litigation, arbitration, mediation, expert determination and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Stephen is a trained/accredited mediator. Recent experience includes:
Stephen joined Shoosmiths as a partner from SGH Martineau. He is recognised as an expert in construction law and is described as "robust and pragmatic" and "someone who knows our business" in the Legal 500.
- Successful strike out of elements of claim against main contactor - Oakrock Limited v (1) Travelodge Hotels Limited (2) Wakemans Limited (3) Anglo Holt Construction Limited
- Successfully resisting Part 8 Proceedings brought in connection with adjudicators decision - R and C Electrical Engineers Limited v Shaylor Construction Limited  EWHC 1254 (TCC)
- Advising main contractor on issues arising out of failure of underpinning to major mixed use scheme
- Advising FE College in connection with multi million pound Final Account dispute
- Advising specialist sub-contractor on dispute arising out of design and construction of waste water treatment plant
LLB Hons ( Wellington Boys Grammar School Shropshire; Cardiff University & Chester College of Law )