- T: 0370 086 2908
- I: +44 (0)1604 54 2908
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
Stuart is a Partner in the Recoveries Services Group and is the Head of the Secured and Commercial Recoveries Team. The Team’s core business is the recovery of commercial debt, including debt secured against real property. Stuart acts for a wide range of lenders including banks, building societies, asset based lenders and other financial institutions. Stuart’s team also handles complex and defended matters for Recoveries Services’ clients within the Recoveries Services Group.
Stuart’s particular expertise includes:
- advising lenders as to recovery and enforcement options;
- enforcement of mortgages, debentures and guarantees;
- advice with regards both personal and corporate insolvency, including the issue of Statutory Demands and Bankruptcy and Winding Up Petitions;
- appointment of Administrators and Receivers;
- pre-appointment advice including reviews of lender security;
- advice to Receivers including advice upon validity of appointment and property-related disputes prior to sale;
- mortgage shortfall actions;
- professional negligence;
- equitable claims including declarations as to subrogation and undue influence.
Stuart also advises banks and other lenders as to their recoveries strategies and on regulation and compliance. He regularly provides training and seminars on his areas of expertise.
Stuart joined Shoosmiths upon qualification in 1999 and was promoted to Partner in May 2007. Prior to qualification Stuart’s experience included working for a City law firm dealing with an Anglo-American product liability dispute, which included a secondment to a New York law firm.