- T: 0370 086 5898
- I: +44 (0)161 954 5898
- M: 07713 390831
Suzanne is a Senior Associate within the Financial Services team at Shoosmiths based in our Manchester office.
Suzanne specialises in regulated and unregulated asset finance (with a particular focus on motor and equipment finance), consumer finance and financial services regulation. Over the past five years Suzanne has assisted clients with a range of transactional asset finance deals and also provided clients with practical advice in relation to being authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Suzanne has developed a particular specialism in acting for both sellers and purchasers of portfolios of regulated consumer debt providing advice on both the contractual aspects of the sale and issues of regulatory compliance.
Examples of Suzanne’s experience includes:
· Acting for a leading provider of consumer retail finance in the sale of a £170 million book of regulated consumer credit agreements;
· Acting for a major UK bank on the £30 million sale of a portfolio of regulated debt secured by second charges on residential property and a portfolio of hire purchase and personal loan debt;
· Advising a leasing business on a £25 million revolving credit facility to be advanced by a major bank to finance its consumer leasing business;
· Advising an equipment leasing company on the launch of a regulated consumer leasing product with a major high-street retailer (including advising on the regulatory issues arising out of the structure of the product, drafting regulated hire agreements and advising on contractual arrangements with the retailer and funder);
· Advising a variety of financial services companies (both lenders and brokers) on their applications for FCA authorisation including advising on their ongoing compliance with the FCA rules; and
· Providing advice on anti-money laundering compliance for a range of businesses within the financial services sector.
Suzanne joined Shoosmiths in January 2015. Prior to this, Suzanne worked in the Asset Finance team at DWF for 4 years, having qualified as a solicitor at DWF in 2011.
LLB Law with German 2:1 ( University of Birmingham )
Legal Practice Course Distinction ( BPP Law School (Manchester) )