- T: 0370 086 5727
- I: +44 (0)161 954 5727
- M: +44 (0)7753308952
"On behalf of all the new Board, I'd like to express my gratitude to Richard and his team (Thomas Baker and Anna Kerrane) for all their assistance and advice given during the transitional phase of the Club's ownership. This is only the beginning of course and already Shoosmiths have shown great desire and ability in the growth of their specialist Sports Division whom we will be working with closely in this exciting new era for the Club."
Andrew Rosler - MD of Salford Red Devils
Thomas is a solicitor in our Manchester corporate team. He joined Shoosmiths at 1 PQE after spending 5 years at Stephensons Solicitors LLP where he completed his training contract qualifying into their corporate department.
Thomas advises both private and public companies, investors, owner-managed businesses and management teams on a wide range of corporate transactions including acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions, group re-organisations, investments, corporate governance and compliance issues.
Recent transactions include:
· Acting for the not-for-profit consortium (Salford RD Holdings Limited) in the takeover of the Betfred Super League Club Salford Red Devils from previous owner Marwan Koukash.
· Acting for the property development company Taylor Grange Developments Limited in a number of acquisitions and disposals including the most recent purchase valued at circa. £4.5million;
· Acting for plc operating within the educational sector on the purchase of internationally renowned global education provider;
· Acting for the majority shareholder in the disposal and reorganisation of a leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty corrosion control chemicals;
· Dealing with complex corporate restructure and management buy-out of a multi-million pound turnover manufacturing company;
· Acting for the buyer in an asset purchase of multi-million pound turnover geological company;
· Acting for the seller in the share sale of leading national insurance brokerage;
· Charity commission applications, thereafter the merger of leading regional social charity with national organisation;
· Acting for the buyer in a “pre-pack” of jewellery company out of administration;
· Acting for large plc within the social housing sector in a variety of different corporate transactions. Notably the acquisition of companies to increase the plc property portfolio.
LL.B (hons) in Law ( Liverpool John Moores University )
Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice ( Manchester Metropolitan University )