- T: 03700868396
- I: +44 (0)118 965 8396
- M: 07789 033848
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
"The "superb" Zoe Wright is described by clients as "excellent at grasping a matter quickly and communicating what she thinks you should do."
Zoe is a property litigator specialising in all areas of real estate and landlord and tenant litigation, and heads the southern Thames Valley team (Milton Keynes and Reading), which is consistently ranked Tier 1 by The Legal 500.
She acts for a wide range of real estate clients, including investment landlords, retail tenants, higher educational institutions, charities, property developers, financial institutions and private individuals.
She has particular expertise advising developers and land owners in relation to the Telecommunications Act 1984 and the complex legislation surrounding agricultural holdings and farm business tenancies.
Notable experience includes:
- defending the Canal & River Trust in the High Court and the Court of Appeal concerning removal of vessels from inland waterways
Moore v British Waterways Board  1 WLR 3289 (1st instance) EWCA Civ 73 (Court of Appeal)
- acting for a property investment and development company on a complex break notice project to obtain vacant possession of a central London multi-tenanted building and complex to facilitate a £multi-million redevelopment
- advising a global car maker and issuing an urgent injunction application in respect of a disputed car parking easement over land it uses for core commercial activities and subsequent lease renewal of split reversion and protecting the associated easement
- acting for a worldwide electronics and computing firm to defend £1.2m High Court terminal dilapidations claim, successfully negotiating substantially reduced settlement
- advising private landlords and leaseholders on lease extensions pursuant to the LRHUD Act 1993 and rights of first refusal pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
Zoe regularly appears as solicitor advocate for her clients in county courts and is a regular guest speaker at RICS events on a variety of property litigation issues particularly the Telecoms Code.
Zoe joined Shoosmiths as a trainee solicitor in September 2000, becoming a partner in 2010. She is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Agricultural Law Association.
Law LLB 2:1 ( University of Wales, Aberystwyth )