"Shoosmiths has a superb reputation for its 'excellent service' and 'immediate responses'.The 'cost-effective, professional and experienced' team delivers 'appropriate and genuinely commercial advice'."
The Legal 500
Excellent service and legal advice from a team specialising in corporate law delivering an amazing client experience for companies in the UK.
Our corporate group is led by a team of partners widely regarded as leaders in their field and who are regularly recommended by clients and intermediaries.
Whether you are a UK-based company or a global corporation looking to carry out an IPO or get involved in merger, acquisition or joint venture activities, we are able to advise you on how to achieve your business objectives.
We have a wealth of resource and specialist experience for you to draw on.
Our team has advised public and private companies, management teams, investors and debt providers right through the business life cycle, from start up and first round finance through to mergers and acquisitions, MBO and MBI transactions, development funding, and on exits, whether by way of sale, listing or private equity investment.
As well as providing transactional support for our clients, our experience includes:
- advising on corporate governance
- corporate restructurings
- capital reductions
- shareholder agreements and joint ventures
We support our clients on all aspects of corporate life, building strong relationships with in house lawyers, company secretaries, management boards and business owners to ensure a corporate is fully supported.
Our corporate team is largely chosen by clients for its reputation and personalities. Our experience helps us to steer a commercial path through the negotiations. We do not point-score with the other side's lawyers and you will find our approach to pricing refreshingly commercial.
We are part of an international network of lawyers known as the World Services Group and we utilise the strength of this network in over 100 countries to manage cross-border projects for clients and meet their requirements for overseas legal advice.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for Ageas (UK) Limited on the £215m acquisition of Kwik Fit Insurance Services Limited and the £53m acquisition of Castle Cover Limited
- Acting for Biocontrol Limited, a UK company, on its cross-border merger with Targeted Genetics Corporation, a US corporation
- Advising the management team in connection with their £41m recommended cash offer for AIM listed Workplace Systems International plc backed by Lloyds Development Capital
- Advising British Gas on its acquisitions of JK Environmental (UK) Limited and ECL Contracts
- Advising Informa plc on numerous acquisitions in the events and publishing sector