"The company secretarial team at Shoosmiths have always been both reliable and responsive, and have provided us with a very good service."
Regus, Legal Counsel
Our experienced and friendly company secretarial team will take responsibility for making sure your company complies with current law and will guide you through company administration.
The growing team is led by Siân Sadler, who was previously a partner in the corporate team. She brings a wealth of experience and knowledge for you to draw on.
We help clients with business requirements that include:
- New companies - we set up companies really quickly and without fuss, including companies limited by shares, companies limited by guarantee, limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and 'right to manage' companies for residents of properties
- Registered office - we offer a convenient registered office service, forwarding on clients' mail as it arrives. We also open and scan letters, if that is what clients want. Scanning is popular with overseas clients and saves postage costs and delays
- Company secretarial service - we provide a fixed-fee company secretarial service, keeping up-to-date records on our specialist database, dealing with essential documents (such as Companies House documents and accounts prepared by clients' accountants), providing a fast electronic filing service and communicating directly with Companies House. We rarely need clients to provide original signatures on documents, which is helpful to clients all over the world
- Branches - we register UK branches of foreign companies
- Auditing - we audit and overhaul company records to ensure legal compliance, before and after company purchases and mergers
- Service address - we provide a service address at our offices for directors who want their home addresses kept private
- Support - we provide specific company secretarial advice and support according to our clients' needs
- We look after groups of companies, large and small, including many household names
We know that costs are important and in most cases we work on a fixed-fee basis so you can predict what your annual costs are going to be.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for UK group companies within Dassault Systèmes, a French software company.
- Providing services for six UK group companies within Axiell Group, a Swedish-owned business involved in the design, development, implementation and support of high-tech systems for libraries, archives and museums, operating in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and the UK.
- Acting for UK group companies within the CCUK Group.
- Providing incorporations and general company secretarial support for Finnish-owned food manufacturer, Discovery Foods Limited.
- Providing incorporation of company and company secretarial services for Hitachi Rail Europe Limited.
- Acting for Czech Republic-based group of companies operating in the sports industry.